Skilled Volunteers Needed
The Peninsula Jaycees Zombie Contagion Haunted House is now recruiting for the 2016 scare season!
The Zombie Contagion Haunted House is built and run entirely by volunteers. We have a wonderful time while raising thousands of dollars for community enrichment programs and projects. But all of this high-tech entertainment can’t happen without the help of community members like you.
Volunteering at Zombie Contagion provides you an excellent opportunity tomake some new friends while gaining leadership and production skills. After Halloween, we have an end of season party to unwind and recognize everyone who gave it their all.
The Peninsula Jaycees are proud to offer a fun, friendly, and safe environment. We are seeking responsible candidates who are fun and easy to get along with. You must share our passion for delivering a positive and memorable experience for each guest, every time.
We are looking to fill a variety of roles, including:
- Set Design and Construction Assistants - Tasks range from pounding nails, using power-tools, creating saw dust, painting, carefully scrutinizing exact placement of props, etc. Positions are available for all levels of experience. And remember, this is serious work. Not just anyone can create the world of the undead. If you are available now through October to get the haunt in tip top shape please sign up for any of our work parties by clicking here.
- Make-up Artists/ Wardrobe Assistants: Nothing makes a zombie more frightening than that fresh-from-the-dead look. Assist with paint faces, clothing, props, etc. to bring the Zombie Contagion to (undead) life. Experience is a plus! To help or join a training session, send an email.
- Memorable scare/scene actors - Become one of the undead creatures that wander in the darkness and roam the haunt.
- Guest Services and Security- Not into blood, guts and gore but have plenty of volunteer spirit? You can help with ticket sales and customer relations, line management and more! Assist in keeping the Zombie Contagion in order and running smoothly.
- Tear Down And Deconstruction – Alas, all good things must come to an end. This is the part where we celebrate success and cry tears of nostalgia. This actually involves a good bit of heavy lifting and hard work, but is infinitely easier with a good group of people. So grab a friend (just not your Grandma), and help break down and pack the props, walls and remnants of the zombie world that just rocked yours.
Specific acting assignments are decided each evening depending on our needs.
If you have any questions about volunteering with Zombie Contagion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be 18 years or older, unless arrangements have been made with educators, parents, and/or you have an established affiliation with the Jaycees. (Insurance carrier requirement).
- Arrive no later than 6:00pm on the nights you have committed to.
- When you arrive, be ready to give it your all. Our roles are very demanding and require lots of energy.
For more volunteer information and questions, email email@example.com.